The Obama Administration has wasted no time in declaring war on Evangelical Christians.
Within minutes after the new President took his oath of office, his staff posted his agendas concerning homosexuality and abortion on the White House website.
With regard to sexual perversion, the President’s policy goals are spelled out as follows:
1) Defeat all state and federal constitutional efforts to defend the definition of biblical marriage as being a union between one man and one woman.
2) Repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) signed by Bill Clinton. (This is currently the only line of defense keeping all 50 states from being forced to recognize so-called “same-sex marriages” from extremely liberal states like Massachusetts and Connecticut.)
3) Repeal the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
4) Pass “hate crimes” legislation granting homosexuals and cross dressers special rights denied to other Americans. (This legislation, depending on how it is drafted, could even attempt to muzzle any criticism of homosexuality as being unbiblical and unnatural perversion.)
5) Pass the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) which would force business owners (religious and otherwise) to abandon traditional values relative to sexual morality under penalty of law.
6) Create intentionally motherless and fatherless homes by expanding “gay adoption.” To see it for yourself, go to www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/civil_rights/ and scroll down the page to “Support for the LGBT Community.” (LGBT is an acronym for “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered.”)
With regard to abortion, The President’s agenda is:
1) Opposition to any constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court’s abortion decision in Roe v Wade.
2) Support of the Prevention First Act which would provide access to contraception and “preventive services to help reduce unintended pregnancies” (a euphemism for abortion).You will find these proposals on the White House website at www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/women.
Although it is not mentioned on the website, the President has made it clear that he will support the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). In fact, he promised Planned Parenthood that signing the FOCA would be “the first thing I’d do as President.” FOCA is by far the most radical piece of abortion legislation ever introduced into the Congress.
According to pro-choice advocates:
- FOCA would overturn the ban on the barbaric procedure called “partial-birth abortion.”
- FOCA would invalidate scores of pro-life laws passed by dozens of states.
- FOCA would eliminate existing laws against taxpayer-funded abortions.
Consequences to the Nation
This outrageous attack on biblical morals should come as no surprise to anyone. The American voters were warned time and time again during the presidential campaign that Obama would push the most radical homosexual and abortion agenda in American history. But millions voted for charisma and eloquence rather than paying attention to the issues.
I cannot overemphasize how critical a situation we are facing in this country. We are in the midst of a great financial crisis and we have enemies worldwide who desire to destroy us. I want to see President Obama succeed in solving our financial crisis and defending this nation against Islamic terrorism. But he has literally no hope of succeeding as long as he thumbs his nose at God and God’s Word.
In addition to pushing homosexuality, same-sex marriage, and abortion, he has also made it clear that he will demand a division of the land of Israel as part of a “two-state solution.” These policies are national suicide.
God cannot be mock, nor can He be deceived (Galatians 6:7). He will not sit idly by and allow our nation to turn its back on Him and do what we please. We have been blessed more mightily than any other nation in history, and to those to whom much is given, much is expected (Luke 12:47-48).
Call to Prayer
We need to pray as we have never prayed before for our President. We need to pray for his heart to be softened and his ideas to be conformed to God’s Word (Proverbs 21:1). And we need to pray that all his efforts to implement policies contrary to God’s Word will be confused, frustrated, and defeated.