As we finish up my series on what ISIS is about, I’ll make some present-day conclusions and points on how we can remain positive during these dark days.
- Islam is not a religion of peace. It never has been and it never will be.
- We are involved in a World War against Islam, and we need to face up to it.
- Our war is not against terror. That’s like saying World War II was a war against U-Boats and Kamikaze planes. No! It was against Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.
- Our war is not against “Fundamentalists who have hijacked a peaceful religion.” That is nonsense. The Fundamentalists are simply doing what the Quran commands them to do.
- Islam at heart is a religion of intolerance and violence. Consider this incredible sign displayed by a Muslim at a rally in London:
That’s why President Obama’s comment at the recent prayer breakfast was so outlandish. He said:
Lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique [ISIS barbarity] to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ.
That ridiculous statement ignores the fact that the Quran commands conquest, war, terror and murder, whereas the New Testament commands Christians to love their enemies and pray for them.
We live in perilous times, but we need not despair for the Bible clearly proclaims that “We will win in the end!” And that will occur when Jesus returns in majesty, power and glory to reign from Mount Zion in Jerusalem.
In the meantime, as we await the Lord’s return, don’t allow anyone to try to deceive you into thinking that:
- Islam is a religion of peace.
- Muslims believe in the Jesus of the Bible.
- Allah is the same God that Christians worship.
- Islam and Christianity can be compatible.
These are lies I hear daily, and they are straight from the pit of Hell.
As you look to the future, keep your eyes on Jesus, stay in His Word and trust in His promises. He will be there with you, constantly encouraging you and sustaining you.
And when you get up each morning, look to the sky, and cry out in your heart, “MARANATHA, MARANATHA, Come quickly, Lord Jesus!”
1) Mark Ellis, “Head of ISIS – “the new bin Laden” – was held by U.S. for four years and released,” Godreports, June 13, 2014, http://blog.godreports.com.
2) Ian Hanchett, “Harf: ‘We can’t kill our way’ out of war against ISIS,” www.breitbart.com.