There are two kinds of myths that exist today regarding the Jewish people and their state of Israel. There are the terrible theological myths that have been conjured up by Christian theologians, and then there are the political myths that have been fabricated by the political foes of modern day Israel.
The theological myths are grounded in what is called Replacement Theology. They consist of such allegations as:
1) God has washed His hands of the Jewish people because of their rejection and murder of Jesus.
2) God has replaced Israel with the Church.
3) God has transferred all the promised blessings of Israel to the Church.
4) God has no purpose left for the Jewish people.
All four of these allegations are patently false. All four are total myths, and I have addressed these myths in my writings, especially in my book, The Jewish People: Rejected or Beloved?
A Fundamental Truth
The first point that needs to be firmly established about these myths is that they are no accident. They are firmly rooted in Satan’s obsessive hatred of the Jewish people. He hates them because:
1) They are the chosen people of God.
2) It was through them that God gave the world the Scriptures.
3) It was through them that God gave the world the Messiah.
Satan further hates the Jews because of promises God has made to them. He has promised that:
1) A great remnant of the Jews will be saved in the end times at the Second Coming of Jesus when they repent and accept Him as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10).
2) The Jews will then be regathered to their homeland in belief (Deuteronomy 30:1-5).
3) The nation of Israel will be given all the land promised to them in the Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 15:18-21).
4) The Jewish state will be the prime nation in the world during the Millennial reign of Jesus (Isaiah 2:1-4).
5) The blessings of God during the Millennium will flow to the nations of the world through the Jewish people (Isaiah 62:1-7).
6) The world will respect the Jewish people so much that when a Jew walks by, ten Gentiles will say, “Let us walk with you, for we know that God is with you.” (Zechariah 8:23)
Satan does not want to see a single one of these promises fulfilled, and thus he is determined to annihilate the Jewish people. That’s what the Holocaust was all about when one-fourth of them were killed. And it is the reason that he will seek to annihilate them once again during the Tribulation when he will manage to kill two-thirds of them (Zechariah 13:8).
But Satan is destined to fail because it is God’s will to bring a remnant of the Jews to repentance and salvation. And He is determined to fulfill every promise He has made to the Jewish people. The Apostle Paul affirmed this when he wrote these words:
1) Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision?
2) Great in every respect. First of all, that they [the Jews] were entrusted with the oracles of God.
3) What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it?
4) May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar…
For two thousand years the Church has answered the question posed in verse 3 above with a resounding,”Yes!” The Apostle Paul answers it with a definitive “No!” Commenting further on this subject, Paul wrote:
3) For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,
4) who are Israelites, to whom belongs the adoption as sons, and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises,
5) whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Messiah according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.
These words were written after the establishment of the Church, and as you can see, Paul is affirming that God still has a relationship with Israel and has not negated His promises to them. In Romans 9 through 11, Paul makes it crystal clear that God has not washed His hands of the Jewish people and the Church has not replaced Israel. Jesus Himself said He would not return to this earth to reign until the day when the Jewish people are willing to say, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!” (Matthew 23:37-39).
But despite these promises of God, Satan persists in his madness toward the Jewish people because he has deceived himself into believing that he can outwit God — and there is no deception worse than self-deception.
And thus, Satan is now orchestrating all the nations of the world to come against the tiny nation of Israel thru the perpetration of myths concerning the Jewish people and their nation.
Paradoxically, in the process, Satan is fulfilling Bible prophecy, for the prophet Zechariah stated 2,500 years ago that in the end times the whole world would come against Israel (Zechariah 12:2-3).
In the second part of this series on the myths regarding Israel, we will begin to look at the major political myths, especially concerning the claim that the Jewish people have no right to the land called Palestine.